This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Surface Landman RQ-17-05
TAQA North is currently searching for a Surface Landman. Reporting to the Manager of Surface Land, the Surface Landman coordinates the timely and accurate negotiation, acquisition and maintenance of surface rights for well sites, pipelines and facilities. They foster and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, including internal operational and technical teams as well as public and regulatory stakeholders, while ensuring surface acquisition and consultation compliance with SRB and AER regulations and Directives. The Surface Landman works closely with Surface Land Administration, Survey & Construction, Drilling/Completions, Facilities, Development Teams, Accounting, Field Operations, Surface Land Brokers, and Government Agencies.
The Surface Landman’s responsibilities include:
- Staying apprised of changes to Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia regulatory framework as it pertains to surface rights acquisitions and maintenance as well as the timely dissemination of the implications of these potential changes to TAQA North’s business
- Coordinating and managing surface rights acquisitions and maintenance on both Freehold and Crown lands within Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Responding in a timely and accurate fashion to surface rights requests/concerns from internal and external stakeholders
- Engaging in effective and accurate communication with internal stakeholders (ie: Development and Operations Teams) via project acquisition updates
Required Experience and Education:
- Olds College Land Agent Diploma or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ Surface Landman experience
- Working knowledge of Pandell Projects (formerly iLand) and CS Explorer Software
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven initiative with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads while effectively working as a team member and communicating appropriately
- Comprehensive and broad knowledge of regulations, documentation and negotiations within Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Working knowledge of computers and various programs, including various GIS programs
- Possess a permanent Land Agent license
- Possess a valid vehicle operating license
Talent Acquisition Analyst Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Finance Business Partner - Planning & Budgeting (Transmission & Distribution) Abu Dhabi