Operations Engineer (Rocky Mountain House)
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Location: Rocky Mountain House, AB
The Operations Engineer will be part of the TAQA Operations Department and report directly to the Superintendent of Operations in the field. Day-to-day engineering support and professional mentorship will be led by a team of registered Professional Engineers in Calgary.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Production optimization, including downhole intervention
- Pipeline hydraulics, including nodal and pinch point analysis as required
- Small capital project execution
- Maintenance projects, including planning support and execution as required
- Heat exchanger performance, including static modeling as required
- Compressor optimization work, including preparation of compressor curves and power balances
- Process engineering for plants and facilities, including static simulations as required
- Contact engineer for air quality and emissions reporting (supporting Calgary-based specialists)
- Contact engineer for all Management of Change work in the operating area
- Contact engineer for all major capital projects in the area
- Troubleshooting as required to improve production reliability
- Support asset integrity programs in the operating area, including pressure vessels and pipelines
- Liaise effectively with all field personnel and Calgary-based support staff.
- Contribute to risk-based operational assessments
- Contribute to cost-effective solutions that enhance bottom-line business results
- Generate ideas to improve margins and create value
- Embrace a culture that continually seeks to push innovation and challenge the status quo
- Help deliver business acumen to the operation and share best practices with peers across TN
- Support facility turnarounds within the operating area
- Support and take ownership in Master Data/Stick File field documentation in operating area.
- Contact engineer for all drawing, Hazop and “what if” reviews within operating area.
- Support HSSE/operations in investigation reporting and lessons learned
- Operating Expense analysis and support budget preparation and forecasting
- Support Regulatory Inspections and Compliance with AER, ABSA, BCOGC and NEB
- Key member of TAQA’s Commitment to Operational Excellence programs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree from an accredited institution, preferably in the Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum discipline. An undergraduate degree is a mandatory qualification
- 3-5 years of engineering or operational experience. It is not imperative that the work experience be in Oil and Gas, but relevant experience that can complement the role is required.
We welcome interested candidates to apply with a cover letter and resume to our career website at http://www.taqaglobal.com/careers
Talent Acquisition Analyst Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Finance Business Partner - Planning & Budgeting (Transmission & Distribution) Abu Dhabi