Senior Land Negotiator
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Senior Land Negotiator RQ-17-13
TAQA North is currently searching for a Senior Land Negotiator. Reporting to the Manager of Land, the Senior Land Negotiator is responsible for the acquisition, maintenance, and disposition of mineral rights and related contracts, and for the associated land obligations within designated geographical area. They are responsible for negotiating and documenting land contracts and play a lead role in establishing the strategic plan for land related activity in their designated geographical area. The Senior Land Negotiator works closely with a multi-disciplinary Asset Team within a designated geographical area as well as land administrators, contracts landmen and industry partners. They are the point of contact between TAQA North and industry partners and government regulators.
The Senior Land Negotiator’s responsibilities include:
- Participation in the decision making process with the Asset Team regarding the acquisition, continuation, management and disposition of mineral rights.
- Advising the Asset Team with respect to land strategies to capture value adding opportunities, enhance land position and/or de-risk plays for future capital investment.
- Negotiating land agreements (farmouts, poolings, acquisitions, divestments, etc.) with industry partners.
- Developing posting and bid strategies for Crown sales and acquisition strategies for freehold lands.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including regulatory bodies, industry associations, partners and competitors to ensure access to land opportunities are maintained and enhanced.
- Ensuring negotiation and documentation of terms of agreements are aligned with strategy and requirements of the Asset Team and the Land Department.
- Assisting in the preparation, review, execution, management and interpretation of company-operated and partner-operated land agreements.
- Monitoring obligations/commitment dates/expiry dates of mineral rights and land agreements.
- Communicating effectively with internal departments to ensure that land implications, requirements and commitments are considered in the development and execution of Asset Team and corporate strategies.
- Participating in the development, approval and maintenance of the Land Department’s policies, procedures and precedents; and the review, comment and acceptance of industry drafted documents.
- Providing representation on industry committees and/or internal projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in all facets of land and land negotiations.
- Bachelor of Commerce with a concentration in Petroleum Land Management.
- Self-starter, motivated to produce high quality results.
- Expert understanding of Mineral Right Title Documents, Operating Procedures, Land Agreements, and Industry and Government Regulations.
- Experienced user of CS Explorer Land System, Accumap and other land related tools and applications.
- Member of CAPL with extensive contacts throughout industry.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, both written and verbal with the ability to assist in the commercial development of Asset Team and corporate strategies
Closing Date: February 17, 2017
Talent Acquisition Analyst Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Finance Business Partner - Planning & Budgeting (Transmission & Distribution) Abu Dhabi