HSE Business Partner (Generation Business Division)
To be the Health, Safety and Environmental focal point for the TAQA business line function. The purpose of this role is to provide functional support to the business line assets HSE and operations teams whilst being based in the corporate HSE department. The job will provide alignment between the corporate HSE group and the respective assets/operations. This will be achieved by delivering on the key responsibilities section.
- Works closely with the (1) Occupation Health & Safety and (2) Process Safety & Assurance Manager to plan, develop and implement the business HSE strategy, plan and KPIs.
- Provision of operational safety expertise to the business line function, providing expert guidance and coaching to the assets HSE & operations personnel.
- Support the role out and embedding of the TAQA HSE Management system across the respective business line function
- Be the business line focal point, responsible for ensuring the correct personnel are identified and trained in the IT programs and tools used KPI and incident reporting
- Identify, specify, and lead the implementation of changes to company processes, standards, and procedures in line with industry guidance, good practice or changes is legislation applicable to their business line
- Maintains an up to date understanding of the short, medium, and long term strategic and operational requirements of the business line with the corporate global company strategy.
- Promotes continuous improvement and high performance in all aspects of HSE management.
- Develops ideas and initiates improvement in HSE processes and procedures and, where appropriate, develops improvement opportunities
- Builds and maintains highly effective relationships with the HSE Managers and Operation Managers within their business line. Working closely with the local HSE Department to help bridge the any gaps.
- Provides general advice and support across TAQA on a wide range of HSE-related matters, as required.
- Compiles learning from incidents associated to their business line and ensures that the information is disseminated widely throughout TAQA.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of the regulatory regime and industry initiatives.
- Specialises in incident investigation root cause analysis, trending, and identification of corrective strategies.
- Carries out/participates in audits, incident investigations and inspections at the place of operation.
- Incorporate any necessary changes to the health and safety documentations and ensure that necessary management controls are in place and the required criteria are met.
- Endorse various initiatives related to the employee welfare and coordinate their implementation with other relevant functions to increase awareness across health-related issues and improve the employee welfare levels.
- Support the development and documentation of environment related policies, standards, and procedures, to ensure full alignment with the international environment standards as well as local rules and regulations.
- Maintain an understanding of the short, medium- and long-term strategic initiatives and environmental requirements of the business units and support the business units in addressing any gaps in delivering on these requirements.
- Conducts health and safety audits and inspections, documenting and recommending risk reduction actions and controls
- Participate in the three-tiered audit systems with the businesses and encourage / check that the 3 tiers are working within each business i.e. the External Audits, Internal Audits and Self Assessments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/engineering discipline
- 10 years of relevant experience in Health, Safety and Environment Management.
- Experience in data analysis and trending and technical writing
- Proven experience of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques
- Thorough understanding of key legislation and regulatory framework applicable to the business line function (i.e. oil & gas / power generation / transmission & distribution)
Head of New Ventures & Special Projects (Distribution Asset Management) Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Director of Transmission Asset Management Abu Dhabi