Senior Facilities Engineer - Technologist
Ref: TNO-RQ 20-04
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Ontario that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Senior Facilities Engineer/Technologist- RQ-20-04
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Engineering the Senior Facilities Engineer/Technologist will have responsibility to successfully execute assigned oil and gas facilities, pipeline, and infrastructure projects. Success is a combination of efficient design, cost effectiveness, schedule certainty, regulatory compliance, and safety performance.
As part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Project management of multiple facilities and pipeline projects of various size and complexity including Well Tie-ins, Compressor Stations, Oil Batteries and Gas Plants
- Generate cost estimates and manage project AFE’s
- Coordinate survey, stakeholder consultation, land acquisition, facility and pipeline license applications
- Manage all engineering deliverables, design reviews, HAZOP, and pre-start safety reviews
- Ensure designs are “fit for purpose” and in accordance with applicable Codes, Regulations, technical specifications and Industry standards
- Approve bid lists, evaluate bids and make award recommendations for materials and services
- Project cost control and reporting, contract administration and construction management
- Effective communication and coordination with Facility Construction Inspectors
- Commissioning and start up assistance of facilities and pipeline infrastructure
- Assist Operations with operational issues, including MOC process and troubleshooting
- Mentorship of junior employees
- Participate with Asset Teams in area reviews and strategic planning related to facility development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Engineer or Technologist with 15+ years of experience in conventional oil & gas facilities and pipeline project execution
- Professional designation (APEGA or ASET), with field experience considered an asset
- Working knowledge of current Standards and Regulations (CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, NACE, AER Directives)
- Demonstrated skill with project management processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of engineering and field staff
- Self-starter, team player with advanced leadership and interpersonal skills
Head of New Ventures & Special Projects (Distribution Asset Management) Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Director of Transmission Asset Management Abu Dhabi