Head of Corporate Social Responsibility (Group Communications)
SCOPE OF WORK
To lead and manage short- and long-term sustainable activities and programs that have social and economic impact on the community, enhances TAQA's corporate image and increases engagement and loyalty to the brand. Maintains long-term relationships with various local authorities to participate in programs that would contribute to sustainable growth of in line with the corporate objectives.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
CSR INITIATIVES PLANNING
- Manage the development of short- and long-term CSR strategies that have social and economic impact on the community to enhance TAQA's image.
- In collaboration with key internal stakeholders across the Company’s business units and functions, drive the development and execution of CSR policies and programs that are consistent with the strategic framework and objectives of the company.
- Advise the leadership on global best practices with respect to CSR by monitoring and analyzing the strategies, policies and programs of other similarly sized companies in the same sector and advising the management of the strategy for critical priorities in the industry.
- Expand and elevate the company’s understanding of the expectations of consumers, customers, employees, investors and the broader society with respect to responsible corporate citizenship.
- Plan for the development of the CSR capabilities within the organization. Educate and link different groups and functions thereby ensuring effective implementation of policies, strategies and programs across TAQA.
- Assess the prevalent public image of the company in the local community and recommend and implement action plans to mitigate a positive image of the company’s contribution to the local community.
CSR INITIATIVES EXECUTION
- Direct the assessing of the societal and business risks and opportunities with respect to CSR; prioritize, monitor and address potential challenges and risks whilst escalating any emerging issues to the leadership where appropriate.
- Direct the day-to-day management of CSR processes and programs to ensure effective utilization of resources.
- Interact frequently with the leadership team and other stakeholders, to ensure successful implementation of the CSR activities, monitoring progress and impact and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and direct the effective collaboration with public relations, media and communications teams to continually enhance the corporate image with the external public with respect to CSR initiatives.
- Build strategic alliances and coalitions with key constituency groups for enriching stakeholder engagement for TAQA.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Media, Communication, CSR or any related field.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in Public Relations and CSR.
Head of New Ventures & Special Projects (Distribution Asset Management) Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Director of Transmission Asset Management Abu Dhabi