Senior Supply Chain Associate
Ref: TNO-RQ 2131
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Associate - RQ 21 – 31
TAQA North is currently searching for a Senior Supply Chain Associate. Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain, the successful candidate will work directly with internal stakeholders, analyzing spend profiles and developing/executing the full procurement process including RFI/RFP preparation, bid analysis and negotiating acceptable terms for TAQA North around pricing, quality and delivery within the parameters and metrics set by the organization. The Senior Supply Chain Associate will develop and maintain relationships with key category stakeholders and external suppliers. Regular communication, facilitation and presentation skills are necessary to interface with key stakeholders, cross-functional teams and management.
As part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance to TAQA North Procurement Policies and procedures for all controllable spend
- Completing all aspects of the sourcing process, including but not limited to creating category/spend profiles (by category, supplier, location, etc.), developing sourcing strategies, executing sourcing events (RFx), analyzes supplier proposals; conducts qualitative (service) and quantitative (pricing) analyses, conducting negotiations with suppliers and reports on supplier performance
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key service providers and suppliers to ensure best quality service, commercial terms, safety, and surety of services
- Developing supplier negotiation framework including negotiation preparation information and tools, presentation materials and analyses, and participates in the negotiation process with suppliers.
- Researching industry benchmarks (pricing, quality, product changes, service levels, trends, etc.).
- Researching and analyzing the supply market and supplier capabilities to provide strategic insight.
- Identifying and driving joint process improvements, and taking the lead role on resolving issues with suppliers
- Tracking and monitoring of key supply chain metrics (cost savings, cost avoidance, inventory etc.)
- Working with Contracts Coordinator to ensure that detailed documentation is developed, approved, and retained (eventually contract file) to provide an audit trail of decisions made and methods used by the sourcing teams in the selection of suppliers
- 10+ years in any combination of purchasing, strategic sourcing, and supply chain management experience
- Oil and gas experience
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business background
- Ability to thrive within a cross-functional team and execute within an analytic and strategic environment.
- Well established communication and negotiation skills, and strong decision-making capabilities
- Experience working for or with First Nations community preferred
- Demonstrated experience in executing contractual terms and conditions in conjunction with established policies and procedures
- Strong team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a proficient user in the entire suite of Microsoft office
- Experience with Maximo P2P software
- Experience with Drilling, Completions, and OCTG preferred
Vice President Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Power Abu Dhabi
Internal Audit Manager Operations Abu Dhabi
Manager Human Capital Strategy and Organization Effectiveness Abu Dhabi