Process and Emissions Engineer
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Process and Emissions Engineer – RQ 22-02
Location: Calgary, AB
TAQA North is currently searching for a Process and Emissions Engineer. The successful candidate will be part of the TAQA North Engineering Department, reporting directly to the Manager of Engineering. In this role, you will be providing day-to-day process engineering support to operations teams and supporting emissions reduction projects.
As a part of this challenging role, you will specifically be responsible for:
- Supporting operations teams by defining process parameters for amine/refrigeration plants
- Providing mass balances for field gathering systems and third party allocations
- Supporting marketing teams by reviewing current plant recoveries and advising accordingly based on commodity prices.
- Supporting development teams by providing infrastructure processing capacity limits.
- Supporting capital projects by completing process engineering reviews of proposed designs.
- Supporting Management of Change (MoC) projects by advising on process engineering concerns.
- Leading emissions reduction initiatives, including identifying candidates for pneumatic device replacements.
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Chemical or petroleum engineering degree with at least 8 years of experience in sour gas processing experience.
- Professional Engineer registered in Alberta. Must be willing to authenticate deliverables within their competency.
- Knowledgeable in process tower pressure and temperature set points to maximize efficiency and support troubleshooting.
- Highly experienced and proficient in Symmetry process engineering software.
- Fully versed in AER Directive 60 requirements.
- Proficient in interpreting P&IDs and gathering system metering schematics.
Closing Date: January 28, 2022 To apply please visit: www.taqa.com/careers
Junior Commercial Analyst & Operator (only candidates with a valid working permit will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Mechanical Engineer (Static) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales & Business Developer - Gas Storages (only candidates with a valid working permit will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands