Learning and Development Manager
TAQA have a vacancy for a Learning and Development Manager to join the HR team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 months.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provides leadership and direction to the L&D team, ensuring the delivery of the L&D strategy and the provision of effective L&D services aligned to business objectives.
Works with the HR Manager to devise L&D strategy to fully support the business plan and the people plan on an ongoing basis.
Ensures TAQA people possess and develop the skills, knowledge, and experiences to fulfil business objectives, and that they are motivated to learn, grow, and perform, thus feeding the career pipeline for talent and succession.
- To lead and manage the L&D function, driving forward and delivering competency programmes, personal development plans, management development programmes, graduate programmes, chartership attainment, leadership development and performance management. Ensure that the learning processes and programmes are valid, cost effective and support the overall TAQA business strategy.
- Work with the HR Manager to plan, develop and implement the L&D strategy that supports business improvement objectives and enhances employee engagement.
- Ensure the L&D team is appropriately resourced and that the skills and expertise of the team are developed to support the delivery of the L&D plan.
- Ensure that learning resources are utilised in a cost-effective way and manage suppliers of same to deliver ROI.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to management on all aspects of L&D policies and procedures. Ensure policies, procedures and systems are reviewed, developed, and implemented, in line with industry best practice.
- Develops and maintains appropriate management systems for delivery, measuring and reporting on key aspects of the L&D function, monitor service delivery of the function, and identify opportunities to improve the quality-of-service provision.
- Ensure learning and development initiatives and plans are closely assigned to business objectives and industry requirements and works with the Leadership Team and client groups to create an environment where a high standard of professional and technical competency is achieved throughout the company and where employees are actively supported in their development.
- Take a lead role in the development of highly effective relationships with L&D service providers e.g., competency, training providers and third parties.
- Represent TAQA externally through membership of industry forums, attending conferences/seminars.
- Demonstrate leadership and personal commitment in relation to the delivery of TAQA HSSE strategies and the achievement of world class HSE performance.
- Ability to review organisational training and development needs, and plan and create programmes aligned to business objectives.
- Draft, maintain and manage L&D budgets, negotiate contracts and ensure efficiencies are maintained.
- Prepare and communicate regular L&D reporting, and training evaluation and feedback, for the business.
- Work with HR to implement and facilitate effective succession planning and talent management tools and initiatives.
- Act as an internal coach to the business.
- Keep abreast of and execute different learning styles and channels to support the agile working environment.
- Ensure training and competence remains in line with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Participate in Emergency Response Rota.
- Financial Authority: £500k
- Budget Responsibility: L&D budget – c.£2M. (includes whole organisation forecast for training)
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Degree qualified.
- Offshore training safety certification.
- Practical experience in a senior/management L&D role within the UK oil and gas industry.
- Experience of successfully leading/managing L&D projects and teams.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and influence/challenge senior management on strategic L&D issues.
- Good knowledge of best L&D practice and new L&D Initiatives.
- Firsthand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry.
- Experience of working within an Operator environment.
- Experience of working within an HR team.
- Willingness to travel offshore.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to plan and manage resources to deliver a high level of service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and build credibility at all levels – internally and externally.
- Well developed internal consultancy skills and experience.
- High level of commercial awareness and numerical ability.
- IT literate: HR systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - intermediate level.
- Experience of managing change.
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic, and proven ability to deliver results.
- Creative thinker with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
Business Developer - Energy Transition (Only candidates living in NL are considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Electrical Engineer (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales & Business Developer - Gas Storages (only candidates with a valid working permit will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands