Senior Well Engineer – Subsea P&A
TAQA has a vacancy for a Senior Well Engineer – Subsea P&A to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 months.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Designs, plans and executes the subsea well P&A operations safely, efficiently and cost effectively
- Ensures well design and operations comply with TAQA wells standards, legislation and good oilfield practice.
- Supports the subsea well P&A project through the design, planning and operational stages, to meet project timeline and objectives
Well and Abandonment Planning
- Develops conceptual well design, well Basis of Designs and creates well programmes for the subsea well P&As in compliance with the TAQA Management System by analyzing offset data, generating and evaluating design options, assessing risk, preparing detailed design and programme documents
- Ensures that all well operations are performed in line with TAQA standards or that the appropriate RA and deviation are in place
- Delivers the well operations in line with the WDP or WAP including leading peer reviews, partner reviews, DRBs etc
- Preparing Examination and Notification/Consent applications and liaises with the Well Examiner and HSE on any clarification or significant/material changes.
- Preparing time and cost estimates, procuring services, equipment and materials and co-ordinating suppliers and service providers to meet the Well objectives for drilling, completing, working over or abandoning the well.
- Prepares well design philosophies to ensure that life of well objectives can be met by the equipment to be installed and the risks can be demonstrated as ALARP.
- Controls wells procedures and practices through the effective and efficient preparation of detailed programmes, peer reviews, risk assessments, programme reviews, etc. Monitors and records issues during well activities to ensure these activities do not impact asset safety and environmental performance.
- Takes a lead role in the development of highly positive relationships with external/regulatory bodies e.g. Well Examiner, OPRED, HSE and third parties and ensures team members support the relationship-building process.
- Keeps up to date with technology development and ensures technology developments are incorporated in well design and operations where appropriate.
- Establish project schedule to deliver the well objectives by controlling and prioritising all activities
- Maintain the schedule by tracking progress and re-scheduling for changes as they occur to keep control of and prioritise activities.
- Ensures all stakeholders are appraised of project progress through regular updates
- Develops and manages project budgets and ensures compliance with budget management, cost control and reporting processes.
- Supports rig teams with technical and planning work to plan contingencies, resolve problems and execute rig operations safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Makes offshore rig visits to supervise/oversee vendor work activities and to enhance Company/vendor communications and relationships.
- Participates in the duty rota for operations, emergencies & incidents.
- Provides technical support for procurement and tender evaluation processes, with subsequent technical support for the commercial contract drafting.
- During well operations, pro-actively manages vendor contracts ensuring technical & commercial compliance.
End of Well Reporting
- Creates reports for the TAQA and legislative bodies by compiling operations information and performance analysis to provide an as-installed record of events and well components.
- Leads wash-up meetings and close out non-conformance reports.
- Ensures an effective interface and communication process is established between the team, other TAQA teams and external/3rd party representatives to ensure clear understanding of project objectives/work programmes, encourage open transfer of knowledge and information and to identify, record, track and close out actions in an effective and timely manner.
- Records lessons learned by analyzing performance and comparing the observed result against the plan to provide learning for the organization for future operations.
Cost control and invoice approval
- Monitors cost expenditure and approve invoices, assists cost tracking and checks estimated actual cost expenditure on a daily basis.
- Complies with, and assists team members to comply with, the Management System.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to the Management System and ensures that effective controls are maintained for drilling engineering and operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree in an engineering discipline
- Fully certified by a recognised Well Control Authority for drilling activities e.g. IWCF to Subsea Supervisor level.
- Offshore Survival Training Certificate, UK Medical and MIST
- Considerable experience of drilling and/or abandonment operations and engineering
- Experience of subsea abandonment operations and engineering including MODU and LWIV
- Sound knowledge of drilling, completion, intervention, integrity and abandonment work over operations
- Knowledge of HSE regime governing offshore UKCS operations
- High level of technical expertise in relation to drilling/completions/abandonment engineering and operations and well services/technology with proven ability to deal with complex scenarios, challenging environments and develop creative solutions
- Good experience of offshore well site engineering
- Sound knowledge of the HSE regime governing drilling operations
- Good knowledge of technological developments, industry initiatives, etc.
- Proven relationship-builder – internally and externally
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to plan and manage own time and other resources to deliver results
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm – takes on challenges/makes an impact
- Experience of working in an Operator environment and in mature assets
- Required to make offshore rig visits during offshore operations
- Required to take part in out of hours duty rota covering technical and emergency response
- Wells, Subsurface, Platform Operations and Decommissioning teams
- Contracts team
- HSSEQ team
- Wells accounting team members
- Well Examiner
- Oil & Gas UK / Industry peers
- Technical networks
- Key service providers/specialist consultants
Business Developer - Energy Transition (Only candidates living in NL are considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Electrical Engineer (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Legal and Compliance Officer Alkmaar, Netherlands