Contract Field Operator - Ferrier
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Contract Field Operator - RQ 22-60
Location: Ferrier Field – Rocky Mountain House, AB
The Successful candidate must live within the Rocky Mountain House area to be available for call outs.
TAQA North currently has an opening for the position of Contract Field Operator. Reporting to the Area Foreman, the Contract Field Operator will be the onsite operator of the Field Equipment. The primary focus of this position is to oversee the day-to-day operation, inspection, maintenance, alteration and repair of the field equipment. In addition, maintaining accurate records and submissions of all necessary documents and reports, in relation to the Field Equipment. The candidate must be self-motivated, have good mechanical skills as well have good computer skills for day to day work requirements.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- All aspects of safety and regulatory compliance with your designated work area
- Performing safety responsibilities such as, hazard assessments & equipment lock out
- Ensuring optimization of wells & compressors, runtimes and production
- Coordinating outside services and providing direction
- Ensuring proper permits are obtained
- Using personal protection equipment required to meet all current regulatory standards and the Corporation’s Health and Safety policies
Oversee the timely notification of the following:
- Breakdowns or defects in the Field Equipment requiring replacement or repair
- Unsafe conditions or any security issues
- Accidents and incidents affecting health or safety that may result in personal injury
- Incidents resulting in impairment of the environment
- Incidents of losses to the Field Equipment
- Ensure the necessity for the protection of life, health, property and the environment in the event of fire, flood, storm, explosion, serious accident or any emergency
- Obtain written approval by the Foreman prior to conducting any operations relating to the Field Equipment that are beyond the scope of day-to-day maintenance and operating activities, including without limitation, any non-routine maintenance, repairs and alterations. This would include any modifications, expansions, deletions or additions to existing facilities, the removal of existing facilities or the installation of new facilities
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct field experience and a working knowledge of regulatory requirements for the Oil & Gas industry
- Self motivation and be a team player
- A valid Class 5 drivers license
- Good mechanical skills
- Good computer skills (Prod View, Maximo, SCADA, Word and Excel)
- Candidates must live in the Rocky Mountain House area (within 50 kms) to be available for call outs
Maintenance Coordinator Team Lead Offshore (Only candidates living in NL will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer Alkmaar, Netherlands