TAQA has a vacancy for a Tax Advisor to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 6 months.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Undertakes a wide variety of tax compliance activities in support of the UK Tax Manager and provides advice on tax matters to the business, as appropriate.
- Provides advice to TAQA Bratani on all UK tax matters.
- Working closely with other members of the Tax Department (particularly the Senior Tax Advisor as well as the Tax Manager), develops, maintains and executes tax return and preparation processes for Corporate Income Tax, Petroleum Revenue Tax and other taxes.
- Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, responsibility for preparing quarterly tax accruals and related accounting treatment.
- Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, assists with the preparation of the annual and quarterly tax budget / forecast.
- Assists with tax audits (internal/external).
- Participates in, and supports, specialist Tax or wider Finance initiatives and projects.
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with Bratani and Global business units, UK tax authorities, external advisors and joint venture partners.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree level educated
- Relevant accounting qualification, preferably ICAS/ICAEW
- CIOT qualification – but not essential.
- Experience in a tax role, preferably gained within a large accountancy firm.
- Tax accountancy experience in accounting for current and deferred taxation
- Knowledge of UK tax legislation and conversant with all aspects of UK tax computations
- Knowledge of UK upstream taxation
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and tax software packages for tax return preparation
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to demonstrate desire to develop tax career in UK oil and gas
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
- High level of Excel spreadsheet experience and skill
- Good report-writing skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills with ability to manage workload in a structured manner
- Self-motivated / Meets deadlines
- Analytical, good attention to detail
- Strong team player, good interpersonal skills.
- Other members of the Tax Department
- Other members of the Finance Department
- Commercial and Legal teams
- TAQA Global Team members
- Internal Audit
- Company Auditors
- Tax consultants and other external specialists
- 3rd party companies / joint venture partner
Job GradeN/a (contractor)
E&I Technician Onshore Alkmaar, Netherlands
Human Resources Manager (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands