Process Engineering Summer Student
TAQA has a vacancy for a Process Engineering Summer Student to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 weeks
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
The successful student will gain the following:
- Working within the TAQA Engineering team based in Aberdeen and supported by experienced colleagues, the placement student will have the opportunity to acquire considerable industry knowledge through working closely with others, including the Project and Decommissioning teams.
- Knowledge and experience of industry technical specifications and standards.
- Experience of change management processes
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The primary scope of work for the successful interns will be to produce detailed flushing workpacks from existing outline flushing philosophies. This work supports the overall TAQA De-commissioning activities for their Northern North Sea Assets. One element of the overall de-commissioning project is the De-energisation and Disembarkation Project which includes Draining, Flushing, Purging and Venting activities of the topsides process facilities after Cessation of Production.
- Flushing workpacks will be prepared under the guidance of the process engineering team within the engineering department.
- Provide assistance to other process engineering activities within the team.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- Currently undertaking a Chemical Engineering Degree
This position will be based at TAQA House, Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8PU. However, TAQA operates an Agile Working policy allowing individuals the ability to find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked.
Job GradeN/a (contractor)
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Accountant GSB Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands