HR Summer Student
TAQA has a vacancy for an HR Summer student to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 weeks.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
The successful student will gain the following:
- Working within the Human Resources Team based in Aberdeen and supported by experienced colleagues, the placement student will have the opportunity to acquire considerable HR and industry knowledge through working closely with others.
- Experience of change management processes
- The student can also support the wider HR Team with other activities which will expand their knowledge and experience of the Oil and Gas industry.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Undertakes a wide range of administration activities relating to the production of employment contracts, variations of contracts, transfers/reassignments and associated paperwork.
- Ensure personnel files and records are kept accurate and up to date and responsible for the annual right to work audit.
- Provides administration support in relation to a wide range of HR activities and projects.
- Assists with the Maintenance of HR policies and procedures in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Ensures all queries by employees, managers and third parties are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Any other duties that as assigned by the HR Advisors or HR Business Partners.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Analytical with a high level of accuracy / attention to detail, good administration skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
- Currently undertaking a Human Resource Management Degree or equivalent
- Higher subjects to include English and Maths
This position will be based at TAQA House, Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8PU. However, TAQA operates an Agile Working policy allowing individuals the ability to find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked.
Job GradeN/a (contractor)
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Accountant GSB Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands