Summer Student - Decommissioning
TAQA has a vacancy for an Summer Student - Decommissioning to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 weeks.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
The successful student will gain the following:
- Working as part of the Governance and Risk team within the Decommissioning and Projects Directorate based in Aberdeen and supported by experienced colleagues. The placement student will have the opportunity to acquire considerable industry knowledge through working closely with others.
- Exposure to a variety of Project Management standards and processes.
- Experience working with industry professionals including Governance and Risk Team Leaders and Analysts.
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding of Decommissioning industry guidelines and the defined work breakdown structure.
- Experience supporting a variety of Decommissioning projects including but not limited to Rig Return to Service, Well P&A, De-energise and Disembarkation, Facilities Removals and Retirements.
- The student can also support the team with other activities which will expand their knowledge and experience of the Oil and Gas industry.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Review and consolidation of current project learnings and observations.
- Liaising with contributors to determine if learnings fit the pre-determined criteria.
- Propose a format for the new lessons learned database in terms of both capturing and displaying best practices and observations.[EA1]
- Roll-out of new lessons learned database and promoting its use across the directorate.
Realised Learnings Project Review
- Carry out a detailed review of all Rig Return to Service projects completed to date, specifically the lessons learned captured at the end of each project.
- Highlight similar learnings and observations which have been realised across each project and industry.
- Write a report recommending action to be taken to ensure that the learnings are applied in the future- i.e., standard/ process updated, activity added to the base estimate etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- Currently undertaking an Engineering Degree.
- Higher subjects to include English and Maths.
This position will be based at TAQA House, Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8PU. However, TAQA operates an Agile Working policy allowing individuals the ability to find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked.
Job GradeN/a (contractor)
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Accountant GSB Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands