Maintenance Technician - Fire & Gas
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Fire & Gas Technician is a member of the Offshore Operations and Maintenance Team reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader – Instrument with responsibility for all aspects of fire & gas maintenance. The Fire & Gas Technician ensures that fire & gas equipment is maintained in alignment with TAQA engineering guidelines, Platform operating procedures, performance standards and manufacturer’s tolerances.
Additionally, the role requires that a good level of communication skills be demonstrated when carrying out reports, identifying material requirements and when dealing with vendor technical support teams.
You will be expected to demonstrate high standards of commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment and will be an active role model for Taqa when working alongside vendors and contractors.
Contribute to continuous improvement in the safety, environmental and business performance of the installation, through active involvement in risk assessments, audits, tool box talks as well as identification and implementation of improvement opportunities through defect elimination.
- Responsible for the supervision of specific work-scopes, to ensure that the requirements of the Taqa Control of Work (ISSOW) system are fully complied-with.
- Performs task risk assessments using Toolbox Talk (Dynamic Risk Review), level 1 and level 2 techniques ensuring residual risk is As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Demonstrate personal leadership and exemplary safety behaviours at all times ensuring that TAQA Safety Rules expectations are communicated and maintained.
- Ensures relevant procedures within Taqa Management System are adhered to.
Ensure all environmental risks are considered and mitigated when work is being planned and executed.
Contribute to platform safety management system by intervening when witnessing unsafe situations. Encourage safe behaviours amongst fellow workers and record conversations using the ‘Intelligent Safety’ database.
- Attend relevant training courses to maintain or improve levels of competency in the role of a performing authority.
- Instrument isolating authority under the Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant Standard (SIRPS).
- Proficient in the use of IT systems – Maximo, ISSOW, etc
- Identify opportunities to enhance production through modifications, procedural review and defect elimination.
- Ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects. Order all required materials and where appropriate feed the job into the plan.
- The expectations when performing this role are -
- Primary point of contact for offshore technicians/management and onshore support, when dealing with Fire & Gas activity and issues.
- Manage Safety Critical maintenance to Zero overdue. Plan and execute all Fire & Gas related activity against Safety reason codes striving for Zero Safety backlog.
- Follow up on spares ordering to ensure timely delivery offshore. Update Maximo and plan jobs when spares arrive.
- Complete accurate handovers (written and verbal) for both shift change and at the end of trip.
- Ensure all plant operations are conducted with due regard to Taqa Standards.
- Ensure all operations are conducted with regard to Plant shutdown avoidance.
- Complete all weekly maintenance routines as defined in Maximo and ensure that maintenance routines are written up with the appropriate amount of detail.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of an HNC Measurement / Control or Electrical Engineering.
- VQ Level 3 in Instrument Maintenance
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
- Operating or Project experience, either onshore or offshore, in the role of Instrument, Electrical or Mechanical Technician.
- Ability to work extended periods of time offshore on a production platform.
- Good understanding of safety management for offshore operations and have demonstrated personal commitment to Safety.
- Practical knowledge and experience of offshore production, process and utilities systems and operations
- Proven ability to meet the requirements of the platform Competency Assessment Programme
- Good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to the job role
- Experience of working in the UK offshore industry
- Good communication skills
- Well-developed technical problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team
- Proactive approach to safety management
- All levels of offshore personnel
- Onshore operations support teams
- Contractor’s operations and maintenance personnel
Job GradeGrade 2
Maintenance Technician -Instrument Offshore UK
Senior Operations Technician Aberdeen, UK
Threat Intelligence Lead Abu Dhabi