Supervisor, Mineral Lease Administration
Job Title: Supervisor, Mineral Lease Administration – RQ 23-52
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and collaborative in everything we do?
TAQA North currently has an opening for the position of Supervisor, Mineral Lease Administration. Reporting to the Manager, Mineral Land, you will supervise the Lease Administration function of the department as well as prepare and administer mineral leases in an assigned geographic area.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop annual scorecards and performance deliverables in consultation with Manager, Mineral Land and the Mineral Lease team.
- Work closely with the Land Negotiators; Supervisor, Land Contracts; Senior A&D Closing Coordinator; Land System Coordinator; Legal, Accounting and Asset teams.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of business processes including but not limited to, Mineral Lease rentals, expiries, continuations, offsets and surrenders and maintain strong cross functional internal and external relationships to effectively execute.
- Support TAQA North’s fee title and freehold leasing programs in collaboration with the Land Negotiators and Asset teams.
- Facilitate review/ make recommendations on any new CAPL Model Form Agreements.
- Steward staffing needs and strategy for the Mineral Lease Team.
- Facilitate Mineral Lease Team Performance Management, training and career development plans.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance controls and TAQA North reporting requirements.
- Audit and verify accuracy and quality of mineral land data in land system (CSLand).
- Engage with internal users to provide for the consistency, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of mineral land data.
- Develop strong working relationships with external stakeholders.
- Keep current with industry trends and regulations.
- Participate on internal and external committees or working groups regarding Mineral Lease issues.
- 20+ years mineral land experience
- Recognized subject matter expert of mineral lease analysis and administration
- Proven analytical and organizational skills, with ability to manage tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- Experience successfully leading and managing a team of direct reports
- CAPLA Member
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community, and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
Highly Competitive Benefits Program
- TAQA North offers a comprehensive benefits program. In addition to extended health, dental and vision, we offer a group savings plan, healthcare spending account and wellness plan
- We respect work/life balance and offer a robust vacation program including flex days
- We believe in giving back to our communities and offer volunteer days and a charity matching program
Work from Home Program
- Dependent on the nature of the role and approval of your leader, you may partake in the hybrid work from home program while committing to our core office hours of 09:00 – 15:00
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands, and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion and understands the important role that oil and gas plays in energy transition
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer and is reducing its greenhouse gas emissions through innovative processes like Acid Gas Injection and Inline Testing
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that promotes productivity and profitability and is also stimulating and fulfilling.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands