Drilling and Completions Intern
Job Title: Drilling & Completions Intern ~ RQ 23-66 ~
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do?
We are searching for an eager Drilling & Completions Intern. Reporting to Manager, Drilling & Completions, you will be a part of the Drilling & Completions team. You will support engineers in both the office and the field. Assist with planning, offset research, benchmarking and KPI tracking. Spend time on drilling rigs, service rigs and frac operations.
You will benefit from industry knowledge working in a busy operations environment.
This is an intern position that will be based out of the Calgary office. This position is full-time for January 2024 and dependent on the successful candidate can be an 8–16-month term.
- Collect and analyze Drilling data, identifying trends, and recommending optimization opportunities.
- Investigate, evaluate, analyze, and recommend effective Completion design, practices, and technologies.
- Support Senior Engineers with cost estimating and scenario/sensitivity planning.
- Assist in preparation of drilling and completion programs, gaining experience in both design and operations engineering. This includes casing and tubing designs, pore pressure/frac gradient prediction, drilling mechanics, directional drilling, drilling fluids, hydraulics, bit optimization, casing and liner running procedures and tools, cementing well control, hydraulic fracturing, etc.
- Learn various software applications pertaining to casing design programs, fluid hydraulics, directional planning, daily reporting data bases and administration of same, such as Wellview, Microsoft Office, Maximo, AFE Navigator, etc.
- Travel to the wellsite’s within Alberta to observe field operations being carried out.
- You are enrolled in your second or third year of Engineering, returning to school after the work term is completed
- You are organized, self-motivated, and exhibit a strong safety mindset
- Proficient with MS Office
- You hold a Valid Alberta Driver’s License
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer
- TAQA North uses Acid Gas Injection (AGI) at the Crossfield plant to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as stimulating and enjoyable.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands