Plant Operations Summer Student - Crossfield
Job Title: Plant Operations Summer Student – Crossfield ~RQ 23-75~
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do?
We are searching for an eager Plant Operations Summer Student. You will be part of the Crossfield Plant Operations team and will support the team with a variety of activities at the Crossfield gas processing facility. You will benefit from industry knowledge working in a plant environment & gain steam time toward your 3rd and 4th Class tickets.
This is a summer student position based out of Crossfield. This position is full-time for May – August 2024.
- Maintaining grass and other vegetation around the work site utilizing gas powered trimmer and riding mower
- Spring cleaning of warehouse, process, and compressor buildings
- Painting of piping and facility equipment
- Assisting plant operations with routine activities such as water tests, filter changes, oil additions, oil samples, chemical inventories etc.
- Assist technicians in plant maintenance activities
- Operation of skid steer loader for the purpose of offloading shipments and moving bins/materials
- Trace lines to understand flows and process in the facility
- You are enrolled in a 4th or 3rd class power engineer certification program and returning to school in Fall 2024
- Your previous experience in similar environment, or labour experience would be an asset
- Exhibit a safety mindset & a strong desire to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Basic knowledge of PC applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong mechanical aptitude would be an asset
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Valid Alberta Driver’s license
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer
- TAQA North uses Acid Gas Injection (AGI) at the Crossfield plant to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as stimulating and enjoyable.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands