Mineral Land Summer Student
Job Title: Mineral Land Summer Student ~ RQ 23-73 ~
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do?
We are searching for an eager Mineral Land Summer Student. Reporting to Manager, Mineral Land you will be assisting the Mineral Land team. You will work in a collaborative environment with the Mineral Negotiators and the Contracts Land and Lease Administration staff supporting various assigned projects and tasks as directed. The purpose of the role will be to assist the Mineral Team effectively deliver on its goals and objectives and to provide the successful candidate with a window on the energy business generally and the Mineral Land business.
This is a summer student position based out of Calgary. This position is full-time for May - August 2024
- Deliver on assigned projects with direction and mentorship;
- Projects could include: Mapping, Crown Land Sale Analysis, Competitor Analysis, Offset Activity Tracking, Review of and assistance with Lease and Contract workflows, filing both digital and physical
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce program, or Energy / Mineral Land program, and will be returning to school in fall 2024.
- Your previous reception and/or administrative experience will be considered an asset
- Your prior experience in oil and gas will be considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to grasp digital tools, including AccuMap
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated desire to learn and develop skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible to complete varied tasks
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer
- TAQA North uses Acid Gas Injection (AGI) at the Crossfield plant to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as stimulating and enjoyable.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands