HSSE Summer Student
Job Title: HSSE Summer Student ~ RQ 23-69 ~
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do?
We are searching for an eager HSSE Summer Student. Reporting to the Executive Director, Health, Safety, Security, and Environment, the HSSE student will support our corporate HSSE functions, including management system support, office safety program, documentation reviews, updates, and communications. The student would also have an opportunity to meet and work with our field HSSE team to understand their roles and how they relate to supporting safe operations at TAQA North. This opportunity would allow a student entering the field of HSSE to gain a systems perspective when it comes to safety and experience the application within a field environment.
This is a summer student position based out of Calgary. This position is full-time starting from May – August 2024
- Supporting various programs within the HSSE corporate department including documentation reviews and updates, supporting campaigns and new initiatives, managing special projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Assist in the development and roll-out of programs, policies, processes, and processes that are in place.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, ensuring effective processes are in place, and provide guidance on HSE topics to help support operations
- Maintaining documentation in Bookshelf and support the redevelopment on the HSSE SharePoint site
- Attend monthly safety meetings in field
- Other tasks as required from the HSSE team
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in the study of Occupational Health and Safety, Emergency Management or Process Safety Engineering, and must be returning to school in Fall 2024.
- Willing to demonstrate initiative and can problem solve
- Able to multitask well and meet tight deadlines
- A strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Prior experience in oil and gas an asset
- Must be flexible and willing to complete up to 15% field travel and overnight stays
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer
- TAQA North uses Acid Gas Injection (AGI) at the Crossfield plant to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as stimulating and enjoyable.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands