Production Engineering Interns
Job Title: Production Engineering Interns – South, North & Central West Assets ~ RQ 23-76~
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do?
We are searching for eager Production Engineering Interns for our South, North and Central West Assets. Reporting to Asset Manager or Senior Production Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the various Asset teams. The teams have a geographically and geologically diverse set of assets and employs a variety of processes and equipment types to produce hydrocarbons and deliver them to market. You will work with Production, Exploitation and Reservoir Engineering professionals that will provide you mentoring and guidance. You will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the asset team business through the various projects and supporting tasks assigned to you.
These intern positions will be based out of the Calgary office, with the opportunity to travel to field locations in Alberta to observe various operations and complete project work. The positions are full-time for January or May 2024 and dependent on the successful candidate can be an 8–16 month term.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Shallow Gas reperforation: review historical sub surface data, run economics, and propose a reperforation program within various producing fields.
- Grand Forks waterflood optimization: work with the area reservoir engineer to review waterflood performance and propose optimization strategies to maximize oil recovery.
- Pipeline network modelling: model gathering systems within various producing fields and propose solutions to handle increased rates and decrease system pressures.
- Area reviews: working with field operations to review area production/financials. Propose workovers, surface modifications or strategic infrastructure changes to increase base production within various producing fields.
- Assist with suspended well reactivations: Review suspended wells within various fields. Generate scope of work and economic justification to reactivate (downhole and surface).
- OPEX Reduction Initiatives: Review area OPEX and propose reduction opportunities; in particular – water trucking/disposal, chemical, workover optimization and power.
- Support and shadow the area Production and Exploitation Engineers with tasks regarding drilling, completions, Infrastructure and future development planning.
Central West Asset:
- Support Well Reviews and Opex reduction opportunities, ie Power BI reporting/Flagging tool
- Identify workover candidates and write workover programs
- Modeling existing O’Chiese GGS and review expansion scenarios, including Piper modelling
- Review and support Upper Manville Re-Frac candidates review and assisting in planning/scope/estimating the operation
- Work closely with the field to provide Updates on current Corrosion Initiatives
- Potentially automate compressor forecasts in Power BI
Production Engineering specific projects and tasks:
- Assist with the annual program lookback documentation.
- In-field booster compressor projects – manage all details of the project including data collection, production incremental estimate, JV and partner work, cost estimate, economic evaluation, equipment procurement, AFE creation and project execution.
- Help with any piper modelling or other required tasks for the 100 mmscf/d growth development plan
- Assist with the 2023 property review data collection and execution
- Possibly rebuild or update some infrastructure maps for the Pouce field
- Draft production engineering programs for workovers, inline testing and any other miscellaneous work.
- Track production for some fields and perform weekly well production surveillance.
- Whitecourt well reactivations
Exploitation Engineering specific projects and tasks:
- Assist with project management tasks including accruals tracking, weekly project updates from extended team members, cost benchmarking
- Support annual program for 2024. Help determine payback periods, update tracking sheet to include actuals spent to date and ensure all applicable AFE’s are included. Capture progress updates as details become available.
Reservoir Engineering specific projects and tasks:
- Assist with updating Pouce area typewells
- Provide other data gathering and support as needed
- You are enrolled in your second or third year of Engineering, returning to school after the work term is completed
- Knowledge in the oil and gas industry will be considered an asset
- You are organized, self-motivated, inquisitive, resourceful and exhibit a strong safety mindset
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer
- TAQA North uses Acid Gas Injection (AGI) at the Crossfield plant to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as stimulating and enjoyable.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands