IT Developer Intern
Job Title: IT Developer Intern ~ RQ 23-70 ~
Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do?
We are searching for an eager IT Developer Intern. Reporting to the Supervisor, Development and Reporting, the IT Developer Intern will work working directly with the development team supporting custom business applications, system integrations and process automations. They must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate will play an active role in necessary areas of development, quality assurance/quality checks, automation, data integrity and validation.
This is an intern position based out of Calgary. This position is full-time for a start date of January 2024 or May 2024 and dependent on the successful candidate would be a 4-8 month term.
- Participate through the full life cycle of development projects, working with the business stakeholders and the development team members.
- Provide end user problem resolution, support, and training.
- Ensure adequate level of testing and documentation has been completed in relation to development solutions
- Testing processes within various applications including validating, testing, and comparing reports and testing interface data being sent to between multiple systems for integrity and validity
- Support Implementation of new Processes/Apps/Systems/Workflows/Reports/Analytics
- Automate testing procedures
- Eligible candidates will have completed their 1st, 2nd or 3rd year in a Degree / Diploma program specializing in Information Technology and returning to school after the work term
- Prior experience in oil and gas an asset
- Keen interest in standards and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications
- Experience programming in C# ASP.NET Development
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle PLSQL
- Power BI knowledge considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated desire to learn and develop their skills using new concepts and technology
- Enthusiastic and motivated
Benefits of Working at TAQA North:
Great Team Environment
- We do what is right for our environment, community and people
- We believe in equal employment opportunities and strive for a diverse workplace
- We celebrate and recognize our people
- TAQA is a global organization with operations in numerous locations around the world including the UK, Iraq, Netherlands and the UAE
- TAQA North has field operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day with the aim to grow to 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day
- TAQA aims to be a low carbon power and water champion
- TAQA North is committed to being a safe and environmentally responsible producer
- TAQA North uses Acid Gas Injection (AGI) at the Crossfield plant to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
TAQA is an Abu Dhabi based company that provides water and energy to communities around the world with an oil and gas sector. When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as stimulating and enjoyable.
Cost Controller (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Team Assistant Alkmaar, Netherlands
Operational Buyer (Tactical) - only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands Alkmaar, Netherlands