Project Engineer - Attic Oil Recovery
TAQA have a vacancy for a Project Engineer - Attic Coil Recovery to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 months.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Project Engineering input to TAQA projects
- Provision of Project Engineering support in service of delivering the COA Attic Oil Removal project objectives.
Include but may not be restricted to:
- Delivering safe projects which are technically sound - delivered in line with the expected schedule and budget and in accordance with corporate processes
- Provide input into the preparation of Project control documents and processes and their upkeep
- Coordinate and support the preparation of Project deliverables required in service of progressing through the TAQA Stage Gate process
- Plan and coordinate the execution of vendor/contractor scopes, including coordination of onshore trailing activities
- Provide input into the selection of specialist vendors via formal tender process
- Provide input into the preparation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP). Maintain the PEP recognising that it is a live document
- Provide input into the preparation of the Project Schedule. Provide regular updates to the Project Planner on activity progress. Facilitate Project input into the IAP process.
- Maintain the Project Risk Register. Coordinate regular risk review sessions with the Project Team and ensure that risk mitigation actions are appropriately tracked and closed out
- Maintain the Project Action Log
- Maintain the Project Decision Register
- Maintain the Lesson Learned Register. Coordinate lessons learned sessions as required to ensure that lessons are appropriately captured to facilitate knowledge transfer to other TAQA Decommissioning Projects
- Source TAQA information for delivery to external parties
- Ensure Project compliance with TAQA’s HSSEQ Expectations
- Undertake site and offshore trips to facilitate and oversee key testing/execution activities
- Develop positive relationships with all appropriate external stakeholders
- Deputise for Project Lead when required
- Engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards)
- Previous project engineering or package management experience
- Excellent safety leadership
- Design engineering awareness and good understanding of codes, standards, risk-based decision making, quality assurance and compliance
- Strong problem-solving skill set
- Exposure/experience of Subsea engineering projects
- Previous exposure to decommissioning projects
- Collaborative and flexible approach
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Good understanding of project delivery processes and when and how to apply them.
- Internal Project Team
- Onshore Engineering, Operations, HSSEQ, Planning and Decommissioning Teams
- Offshore Operations Teams
- Vessel Contractor
- Subsea Tooling Contractor
- Specialist Engineering Verification Contractor
- Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS)
Job GradeGrade 3
Business Developer - Energy Transition (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Commercial Advisor (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer Gas Storages (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands