TAQA has a Commerical Advisor vacancy in the Aberdeen office.
This position is a contract role for a duration of 12 months.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Supported by senior commercial colleague(s) (when or if required) provides support to a full range of commercial and business activities related to the management of TAQA’s late-life operated and non-operated interests including supporting decommissioning projects. This includes the administration and negotiation of joint venture agreements (including Decommissioning Security Agreements) and third party contracts and agreements. Recognised within the organisation for providing consistent, reliable, relevant guidance.
- Supported by senior colleague(s), takes a support / lead role for the company in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation of commercial matters - e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline flushing and disconnection agreements, decommissioning security agreements, proximity agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests.
- Ensures TAQA senior management are fully appraised of all key issues / emerging situations / strategic options, etc. Set up / prepare / present on same. Propose suitable path(s) forward. Follow-up on same.
- Works closely with other departments e.g. Operations, Projects, Decommissioning, Engineering & Subsea to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development, operational and decommissioning plans are properly validated and aligned with the Company’s best interests.
- Works closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the Company’s current and future business.
- Provides advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, senior management / co-ventures’ / external stakeholders.
- Prepares for, attends and represents the Company at relevant external meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.) - ensuring the Company’s best interests are protected and promoted. Prepares minutes / meeting notes / documenting discussions / key activity / recommendations.
- Prepare requests for expenditure / ensures requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners and works with partner group to gain support of same.
- Provide input to e.g. the business plan, asset plans and annual budgets – and, where appropriate, works with partner group to gain support of same.
- Prepare / present proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensures company management are properly briefed on all developments.
- Participates in industry fora, attends conferences, seminars and networking events to ensure TAQA maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
- Maintains a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial activities.
- Assists Legal and HSSEQ departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK Operator and helps maintain the Company’s licence to operate.
- Support delivery of business efficiency initiatives.
- May provide commercial support to ad-hoc projects / opportunities.
- Potential to establish / manage oil and gas sales contracts and ensures the Company complies with the terms and requirements of the agreements. Ensure suitable procedures are always in place and updated.
- Potential to develop and execute a purchasing strategy for TAQA’s emissions credits to cover any shortfall and surrender the allowances each year in line with the government requirements and to support TAQA’s process for purchasing emissions credits.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors degree (ideally a minimum of a 2.1) or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline.
- Able to exercise sound judgement / know when to ask for advice and guidance.
- Proactive and driven.
- Good communication / presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry – ideally in a commercially focused role with an Operator in the UK oil and gas industry.
- Relationship builder with networking capability / Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
- Must be numerate / comfortable with extensive use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to “design” meetings / action plans.
- Conversant with industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, commercial developments, etc.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility – internally and externally.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of applicable UK law and fiscal regime for oil and gas developments.
- Experience of negotiating and executing oil and gas industry contracts and agreements, performing economic analysis, business modelling tools/techniques.
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- Understanding of prevailing commercial environment of UKCS – namely:
- Commercial Code of Practice
- Code of Practice governing Infrastructure Access and associated industry guidance notes
- DECC Guidance for determining terms of Access
Willingness and ability to travel.
- Commercial colleagues
- Finance / Economics team
- Decommissioning team
- Engineering teams
- Subsea teams
- Operations teams
- Legal team
- HSSEQ team
- Joint Venture Partners
- Existing / potential Third Parties (including infrastructure owners / operators)
- Relevant industry fora – e.g. OEUK, industry sub-groups, etc.
Job GradeN/a (contractor)
Business Developer - Energy Transition (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Commercial Advisor (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer Gas Storages (only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands