Business Information Lead (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
To further enhance its operations, Taqa Netherlands is looking for a Business Informations Lead to build, deploy and manage a technology platform (currently a UK and NL combined ICT environment) and team at our office in the Netherlands. As the Business Solutions Lead at TAQA, you will play a crucial role in actively participating and taking ownership of the technology platform and core productivity components during the transition and later in management.
It will be your responsibility to develop a long-term vision and strategy regarding Data and Information Management and whether the use of these and their coherence is in line with the vision of the organization.
This role exists to provide and implement a strategic framework for the organization to manage, control and ensure availability of information and data.Growing our strategic capability for information specification, management, and governance. This encompasses policies, procedures, and systems which are embedded in Information and Data Governance as well as reviewing data, sharing documentation with third parties.The Business Information Lead is responsible for the overall strategy and framework of data management and quality, including business reporting.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the Business Information function to ensure it will contribute to organization achieving its goals
- Define data strategy for the company and align it with company’s strategic vision and goals, as well as with Group’s data governance policies
- Defining the organisation’s data strategy and establishing a Data Center of Excellence by ensuring a robust technical infrastructure is in place and focusing on cultivating a data-driven culture
- Understand business processes and data used within those to make inventory of data assets, information systems and applications, determine and define how data flows through the organization
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of technology services to meet those needs
- Encourage and enroll the organization on obtaining excellence in record and information management
- Oversee the management of electronic and/or paper based information
- Together with stakeholders define and help implement policies around data processes and data management
- Define Data Governance organisation and help with its implementation – roles and responsibilities and how to fit those into the existing organisational structure
- Provide advice and steer on how to best to utilize information strategically and to use information to support business opportunities
- Helping stakeholders in becoming a data-driven organization by bridging the gap between business and technical roles
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
- Encouraging the use of common data language and managing metadata (definition of data glossaries, inventory of data sources, data standardization, master data management, etc)
- Ensures that continual improvement is embedded within the Business Information group, oversee delivery of these changes either through small enhancements or hand-off to a project delivery group
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our information management practice and following up on market trends and technological developments
- Considerable experience in Informatio Management
- Significant experience of managing multi-disciplinary IM & Data Teams
- Deep technical expertise and a good understanding of the underlying business processes and systems
- High commitment to meet business needs as well as Service and Operational Level requirements
- Experience of working with multiple third-party vendors
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Strong knowledge of Data Management, Reporting and Data Quality.
- Experience with PowerBI and other reporting tools
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams and managing relationships with business customers
- Able to lead and manage the co-ordination of small scale initiatives
- Good understanding of common place business processes
- Ability to work with and improve legacy systems in a flexible and pragmatic way
- Living in the Netherlands
- Customer focused
- Ability to work with a diverse organization
- Analytical skills, ability to solve complex problems, evaluate alternatives and make sound recommendations
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results
- Experience of working for an Oil & Gas operator
- Experience of management of chance and embedding cultural and process changes
- Process oriented with good consulting and process skills
- Leadership training / experience or equivalent Management training
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands