TAQA has a Environmental Advisor vacancy in the Aberdeen office.
This position is open to both staff and contractors. If applying via an agency, this will be a contract position, and any internal contractor who applies and is successful will remain with their current contracting company.
Role Duration - 18 month contract
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provides specialist advice and support on environmental matters to the Company.
- Provides support to the Safety and Environmental Manager and other HSSEQ team members in ensuring the effective delivery of the Company’s environmental strategy.
- Acts as a key focal point for environmental issues for dedicated functions.
- Builds and maintains highly effective relationships with the Offshore HSE Advisors and Medics, working closely with the HSSE Department to help bridge the off/onshore gap.
- Advises on the implementation of current and emerging regulatory and TAQA Requirements.
- Monitors compliance with permit conditions e.g. OPPC, ETS/PPC, chemical permits, radiation authorisations etc.
- Provides input into TAQA Bratani EMS (Environmental Management System).
- Contributes to ISO14001 certification and compliance activities.
- Contributes to the preparation and delivery of the HSSEQ department plans.
- Maintains effective relationships with Regulators and Government Agencies e.g. OPRED, OSDR, Marine Scotland, SEPA, JNCC.
- Provides guidance and support for offshore OPRED inspections.
- Participates in offshore platform/mobile rig visits as required.
- Maintains an overview of UK environmental performance, including emissions, discharges, and incidents and provides data to Asset and Operations teams as required.
- Contributes to relevant environmental risk assessments, responses and controls including the identification of Major Environmental Incidents (MEIs).
- Reviews and maintains Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPS).
- Supports Asset and HSSEQ teams with the delivery of relevant campaigns.
- Reviews and provides input into annual environmental KPI’s.
- Undertakes permit applications and variations and maintains environmental content of authorisations, permits & consents register.
- Provides input to environmental incident investigations, where appropriate.
- Environmental Advisor for projects, including decommissioning, actively supporting processes such as HSE plans, interface documents, PLANC registers etc.
- Conducts periodic audits/assessments on environmentally critical contractors.
- Co-ordinates offshore compliance audits and reviews and monitors delivery of plans.
- Promote and disseminate successful environmental practices.
- Attends relevant external events e.g. Offshore Energies UK Meetings, OPRED workshops, as required.
- Member of the TAQA Incident Management Team where required.
- Provides input to the preparation of the annual environmental statement to OPRED.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or similar qualification
- BOSIET / MIST
- Degree qualified in an Environmental subject area
- Subject matter expert in environmental legislative requirements e.g. ETS, PPC, F-Gas, OPPC etc.
- Working knowledge of the HSSE requirements within the UKCS regulatory regime
- Environmental-related experience in the oil and gas or similar industry
- Good communication, co-ordination and facilitation skills.
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level
- Up to date knowledge of UK practice and environmental law and their impacts
- First-hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry
- Ability to travel offshore
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence at all levels across the organisation
- Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- Managers and team members – onshore and offshore
- Regulators e.g. OPRED, OSDR, SEPA.
- Offshore Energies UK/Industry bodies
- Specialist environmental consultancies
Job GradeGrade 3
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands