Senior Operations Technician - Electrical
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Member of a multi-discipline team within the Platform Maintenance Department. Perform safe operations and maintenance of all electrical equipment. Ensure compliance with electrical safety rules and control of work processes.
• Comply with all TAQA safety and operational procedures.
• Demonstrate personal leadership and high levels of safety behaviours at all times.
• Level of offshore based accountability for the integrity of all Electrical Equipment systems, ensuring the safe and reliable operation at all times.
• Ensure maintenance of Electrical Systems is conducted in a safe and effective manner.
• Conduct the execution and coordination of electrical authorisations offshore, ensuring all associated documentation and records are in place and kept up to date.
• Perform electrical checks on 3rd part equipment to ensure compliance with TAQA standards
• Review electrical work safety documents, isolations and permits for accuracy and conformity.
• Assist in the preparation of any revisions to electrical documentation.
• Participate in Turnaround / Shutdown planning.
• Liaise with Onshore Support (HUB) engineers for problem solving
• Perform as mentor for Electrical trainees / apprentices
• Proven offshore experience
• NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in electrical discipline
• ISSOW Level 2
• HV Switching Trained
• Ex Hazardous Area / COMPEX certified
• HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering
• First Aid Treatment for Electrical Shock and Resuscitation
• Electrical Protection Theory
• Good communication skills and ability to share information
• High level of experience with offshore electrical generation and distribution systems.
• Experience of working in the UK offshore oil and gas industry
• Experience of working in brown-field operations
• Good planning & organisation skills
• Good communication skills – verbal/written
• Proactively shares knowledge/experience
• Keeps calm under pressure
• Experience of complex problem-solving
• Ability to apply sound judgement to decision-making
• Good team-working and leadership skills
• High level of technical credibility
• Proactive approach to safety management
• Electrical Support Engineer and TA
• Offshore Supervisors
• Onshore Engineering
• Fellow maintenance Technicians (Mech, Inst, Metering, Cranes, HVAC etc.)
• Independent Verification Body (IVB) during inspections
Senior Specialist Planning& Budgeting Abu Dhabi
Senior Specialist M&A Abu Dhabi
Lead Instrument Engineer Kurdistan