Commercial Placement Student
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• Provide basic commercial and business analysis support to Commercial Team.
• Provide cover to junior / administrative roles within Commercial Team.
Successful delivery in the role will see the incumbent fulfil a “real” job and provide him / her with a comprehensive understanding of the operational, commercial and economic realities of the oil and gas business and lead to a potential future career in the industry.
The main duties will be to
a) Provide basic commercial and business analysis support to Commercial Team, for example:
• Prepare synopses of commercial agreements.
• Prepare / present summary presentations of same.
• As guided, undertake or provide relevant commercial analysis or support as required – e.g. evaluation of status regarding Net Revenue Sharing Agreement, Send or Pay Obligations; interpretation of Sole Risk provisions, JOA obligations, analysis necessary for provision of Decommissioning Security, etc.
• Attend partner Operating Committee meetings. Prepare minutes of same.
• As required, provide commercial and budget preparation support for TAQA exploration assets - prepare annual budget submission for review / approval by joint venture partners. Attend / minute follow-up meetings.
b) Support Commercial Negotiators with day to day / basic administrative aspects associated with oil sales, gas sales, tendering process, EU ETS, preparation of daily, monthly reports, etc.
c) Train his / her replacement during the final 3 months of the placement.
d) Actively participate / take lead role in “social” projects assigned collectively to each year’s intake of placement students at TAQA.
Financial Authority: None
Budget Responsibility: None
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Suitably qualified at secondary school to be undertaking relevant under-graduate study for example:
- Management (BA Hons)
- Accounting and Finance (BA Hons)
- Management with Marketing (BA Hons)
- International Management (BA Hons)
- Management with Human Resource Management (HRM) (BA Hons)
This is a “rolling” 12 – 15 month placement position within the Commercial Team at TAQA. It is envisaged that a suitably qualified / motivated under-graduate will spend his / her 3rd Year of relevant degree in the role (commencing June in any year) and, prior to completing the placement, will train up successor (June to August in subsequent year)
• Part-time employment experience(s) which demonstrates clear commitment to “doing a job” / getting relevant experience / developing themselves.
• Hard working.
• Willing to “have a go” at challenges / opportunities presented.
• High degree of common sense.
• Numerate, articulate and able to read and interpret commercial agreements.
• Comfortable with extensive use of Excel (but not macros / Visual Basic Programming), Word, PowerPoint.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively either orally (during discussions), in writing or via presentations.
• Creative and curious.
• Commercial Colleagues
• Finance / Economics/Tax team
• Legal team
• Partner/Stakeholder representatives in Commercial / Finance / Legal areas.
Talent Acquisition Analyst Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Finance Business Partner - Planning & Budgeting (Transmission & Distribution) Abu Dhabi