This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Plant Operator – RQ17-6
Location: Crossfield, AB
Reporting to the Plant Foreman and Chief Power Engineer, the Plant Operator is responsible for ensuring maximum product recovery and maintenance of throughputs within license restrictions and that all products and gas meet specifications; day to day operation, inspection, maintenance, alteration and repair of plant equipment.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible to:
- Operate the plant within the Alberta Power Engineering Regulations (AR85) under the Alberta Safety Codes Act as an Assistant Engineer
- Have a full working knowledge of plant equipment, operations and monitoring facilities
- Safe work permitting , coordinating and supervision of work for maintenance and contracting crews
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards, policies and procedures, including ERCB, OH&S, Alberta Environment and ABSA as well as the TAQA North safe operating practices.
- Alberta Environment and ABSA as well as the TAQA North safe operating practices
- Generate site specific procedures for approval and review
- Initiates changes to work routines where performance can be improved without sacrificing safety or product quality
- Testing, sampling, the keeping of accurate records and the preparation and submission of all necessary documents and reports, all in relation to the plant equipment
- Follow all of the Corporation’s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures in place from time to time and applicable to the conduct of operations relating to the equipment
- Use personal protection equipment necessary to meet all current regulatory requirements and the Corporation’s health and safety policies
- Promptly notify the Corporation of any breakdowns or defects in the plant equipment requiring replacement or repair, unsafe conditions, security problems, accidents and incidents affecting health or safety or resulting in personal injury incidents resulting in impairment of the environment, incidents or losses to the plant equipment and third party claims
- Take whatever action that you consider reasonably necessary for the protection of life, health, property and the environment in the event of fire, flood, storm, explosion serious accident or other similar causes or any emergency
- Operating instructions are normally well established however, judgment is utilized in the selection of work methods
- Utilize the established MOC process for any changes or improvements to plant equipment
- The Plant Operator shall also provide such additional services in relation to the plant equipment as may be reasonably requested by the Plant Forman and Chief Power Engineer from time to time
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3rd class Power Engineers certificate of competency (progression towards 2nd Class preferred)
- Consideration may be given to 4th class certificate holders however the candidate will be expected to commit to a progression timeline to achieve certification within an appropriate time frame
To apply please visit: www.taqaglobal.com/careers
Talent Acquisition Analyst Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Finance Business Partner - Planning & Budgeting (Transmission & Distribution) Abu Dhabi