Head of Greenhouse Gas Projects (Oil & Gas)
SCOPE OF WORK
To Prepare energy efficiency and GHG targets with KPIs and implement programs that achieve these within Oil & Gas business line.
To identify opportunities within Oil & Gas that support or promote “energy transition” throughout the business.
The incumbent will demonstrate a real interest, and genuine passion, for energy transition, to deliver on TAQA’s objectives.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and provide guidance on the technical and operational capabilities of energy efficient, emissions reduction and renewable technologies
- Ensure proper technical support is provided on existing industry, regulator or societalrequirements and how renewable technology might be applied to replace existing technologies
- Provide sufficient technical understanding to keep up with advances and changes in emerging technology
- Understand the renewables market and relevant technology in order to promote the identification and understanding of novel commercial solutions to provide a win-win space for renewable technology trials and implementation
- Understand the carbon credit or trading markets with relevant technology in order to promote the identification and understanding of novel commercial solutions
- Generate project and initiatives plans, budgets and organization in support of any agreed development projects for GHG to ensure the achievement of NewCo’s objectives within the set timeframe.
- Promote the effective management of contracts, clear timelines, HSE policies and quality standards, and maintain effective governance and assurance to support the successful delivery of projects and reduce risk.
- Review potential problems in projects and initiatives, which could delay development or result in cost deviations having an adverse effect on the project, to recommend corrective actions and rectify areas of unsatisfactory performance.
- Ensure contractual and commercial issues are in line with the requirement to maintain NewCo’s interests.
- Review project control issues for the major projects to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of and ability to use the GHG accounting and reporting standards and principles
- Consider business goals and accomplish them in line with design principles and ensuring GHG emission efficiency
- Ability to track, monitor and report GHG emissions over time and identify ways to manage and reduce emissions by upgrading equipment, manufacturing methodology and leveraging other technical and technological advancements.
- Managing inventory quality in line with GHG emissions, reductions and GHG targets set by regulatory and governing bodies as well as the organization’s strategic mandates.
- Awareness of emerging environmental and social trends, and the risks and opportunities they create for business.
- Understanding the changing role of business in society, how peer organizations are responding and available methods to revise business models.
- Conducting environmental and social cost accounting, or using tools for scenario planning, back-casting, hot spot and materiality analyses.
- Identify ways to and redesign products and processes that create business and social value.
- Ability to question status quo and treat constraints as transformable opportunities.
- Encourage and support social entrepreneurship among employees and interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to “sell” emerging technology trial/implementation internally
- Establish and maintain renewables information network
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Renewables/Environmental Engineering, or any Oil and Gas associated technical related field.
- 15+ years of relevant experience across Oil & Gas developments, projects, and asset management, or 10 years relevant experience with environmental/renewables/energy engineering and projects execution.
Head of New Ventures & Special Projects (Distribution Asset Management) Abu Dhabi
Manager Employee Relations (Human Capital Support Services) Abu Dhabi
Director of Transmission Asset Management Abu Dhabi