Director External Communication
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Develop and direct the implementation of the functional strategy ensuring alignment to group strategy, NewCo’s vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that functional strategy and related strategic plans are developed and implemented, which are aligned with the vision and mission of the organization.
- Ensure the provision of subject matter expertise for the assigned domain and provide counsel to NewCo’s leadership on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of NewCo’s strategy and functional strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of functional objectives through effective leadership and by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating the team to maximize performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned function, collaborating with discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organizational values and ethics by employees of the assigned function to ensure the establishment of a value driven culture within the organization.
Collaboration and Delivery with Strategic Business Partners
- Direct the effective collaboration with all business partners (Human Capital, Finance, Supply Chain, IT and Legal) in order to co-deliver defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the overall business plan.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Develop and lead the implementation of External Communication functional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned functional so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
- Lead the management of change through continuous improvement of functional systems, processes and practices taking into account global standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Ensure that all functional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet NewCo requirements, policies and quality standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Communication Strategy & Plans
- Direct the strategic external communications initiatives of NewCo (external stakeholders; legal / government / operating companies / media / public), ensuring alignment with the Communication & PR division strategy and corporate guidelines.
- Lead the development of consistent communications policies, programs, platforms and practices to support implementation of the communications approach, ensuring compliance with strategy as well as government regulations.
- Lead and oversee the development, updating and implementation of NewCo’s external communications plan, including identification of communication needs, selection of communication channels, content development, social media monitoring, to ensure the right messages are conveyed to the right audience through the right channels.
- Define NewCo’s brand architecture and framework and oversee the end-to-end brand development programs, ensuring consistent and effective brand-positioning for the company in line with its strategic objectives and values.
- Drive the development of a strong network across NewCo and operating companies (OpCos), with a focus on other professionals, HR, Learning and Development, and key influencers in order to ensure communication plans are well designed, understood, and accepted.
- Direct and lead the development of NewCo’s profile building and update when required, delivering a clear and comprehensive articulation of NewCo’s mandate to be communicated and presented to external stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day external communications management, content development and response to inquiries to ensure adherence to strategy, communication plans, policies and regulations to maintain a consistent level of communication excellence.
- Oversee the monitoring of the environment from an outside-in perspective, for issues pertinent to the organization/sector to ensure they are properly evaluated, addressed and mitigated for an effective and timely response from the organization.
- Direct the conceptualization and utilization of digital media to convey the communication messages from NewCo to reach a wider audience.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the corporate events and approve all events organized in line with corporate communications policies and procedures to ensure the proper development and execution of a regulator calendar of events and activities.
- Create awareness, integrate and harmonize between NewCo and OpCos external stakeholder communications strategy, providing coaching, guidance and intervention to OpCos as needed to ensure alignment and consistency between NewCo and OpCos.
- Manage stakeholder mapping, role identifying to understand type of communication content and channels that need to be used for different stakeholders, ensuring effective stakeholder understanding and the provision of adequate communication.
- Support NewCo’s leadership in shaping a robust and effective communications approach to crisis management to mitigate the impact of serious incidents and emergencies.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the sector-wide transformation, understand the role of External Communication department’s role in the transformation journey and apply a structured methodology/plan to lead the communication of transformation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing and Media, Business Administration, Management or any other related field.
- 12 years of relevant experience in Communications and Public Relations.
Vice President Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Power Abu Dhabi
Internal Audit Manager Operations Abu Dhabi
Manager Human Capital Strategy and Organization Effectiveness Abu Dhabi