Associate Commercial Advisor
TAQA has a vacancy for an Associate Commercial Advisor to join the team. Should your application be internal then this can be offered on a staff basis, however, should your application be external this is a contract role for a duration of 12 months.
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Supported by senior commercial colleague(s) (when or if required) provides support to a full range of commercial activities related to the management of TAQA’s operated and non-operated interests. This is an entry-level role which provides opportunity for the incumbent to develop and pursue a successful commercial career in the
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the key agreements governing day to day TAQA activities.
- Provides basic commercial support associated with same (e.g. maintaining databases, tracking data, preparing daily / weekly / monthly reports, preparing agreement summaries, etc.).
- Supported by other members of the Commercial Team, takes a support, [or potentially lead] role for the company in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation / administration of commercial agreements - e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, proximity agreements, product sales contracts, decommissioning agreements, third party access requests, etc.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the Company’s best interests.
- Works closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the Company’s current and future business.
- Provides advice and guidance on commercial matters to commercial colleagues, senior management and co-ventures’ / external stakeholders.
- Prepares for, attends and represents the Company at relevant meetings (Joint Venture meetings, Operating Committees, Finance Committees, etc.) - ensuring the Company’s best interests are protected and promoted.
- Prepares minutes / meeting notes / documenting discussions / key activity / recommendations.
- Prepares requests for expenditure / ensures requests are aligned with budgets. Where required, issue for approval by partners. Work with partner groups to gain support of same.
- Provides input to TAQA business plan, asset plans and annual budgets – and where appropriate, works with partner groups to gain support of same.
- Prepare / present proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
- Provides commercial support re. setting up / administering and reporting of oil and gas sales and offtake contracts. Ensures that all parties comply with the terms and requirements of the agreements.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensures company management are properly briefed on all developments.
- Participates in industry fora, attends conferences / seminars and networking events to ensure TAQA maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
- Maintains a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial agreements.
- Where required, assists Legal and HSSEQ departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK Operator and helps maintain the Company’s licence to operate.
- Support delivery of business efficiency initiatives (e.g. Energy Institute activities).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally a minimum of a 2.1) or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline.
- Proactive and driven.
- Must be numerate / comfortable with extensive use of Microsoft Excel (but not in creating macros / Visual Basic programming)
- Good presentation and verbal / written communication skills.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
- Relationship builder with networking capability.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry – ideally in a commercially focused role with an Operator in the UK oil and gas industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility – internally and externally.
- Commercially aware.
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- Commercial colleagues
- Finance / Economics team
- Decommissioning teams
- Engineering & Subsea teams
- Operations management
- Legal team
- HSSEQ team
- Joint Venture Partners
- Existing / potential Third Parties, Oil / Gas Trading Companies, Owners of Infrastructure
- Oil & Gas Authority / NSTA
- Relevant industry fora – e.g. Oil & Gas UK, industry sub-groups, etc.
Maintenance Coordinator Team Lead Offshore (Only candidates living in NL will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer Alkmaar, Netherlands