Senior Reserves Evaluation Engineer
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Senior Reserves Evaluation Engineer - RQ 22–84
The Senior Reserves Evaluation Engineer is a key member of the TAQA North Reservoir Engineering team and will report directly to the Manager, Reservoir Engineering. In this role, you’ll be working closely with the asset teams ensuring the corporate reserves database accurately reflects the corporation’s portfolio of existing assets and future development and exploration opportunities. The role requires the successful candidate to provide Reserve Evaluation expertise and support the asset teams and act as key company representative in dealing with third party auditors.
The Senior Reserves Evaluation Engineer will conduct fundamental reservoir performance assessments of the company’s properties. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to verify key reservoir properties and long-term depletion strategies, ensuring models reflects current and future operating environment. The successful candidate will work closely with Development and Finance team members
As a part of this challenging role, you will be specifically responsible to:
- Complete analysis of production and financial data and decline curve analysis of existing and future assets
- Oversee the maintenance of the reserves data base and building additional reports as required by the organization
- Act as an expert user of Value Navigator and assist in software upgrades as required
- Ensure the database are in alignment of corporate strategic forecast
- Assist the Development and Finance teams in reserves related questions and concerns
- Coordinate data collection and preparation for the annual reserves process
- Oversee the corporate’s Contingent Resource database
- Apply reservoir engineering knowledge, including rate and pressure transient analysis, reservoir modelling, volumetrics, material balance, waterflood/EOR analysis and other related interpretation techniques
Additional Engineering Accountabilities:
- Support business development valuations and commercial initiatives
- Provide mentorship to colleagues within the Development organization
The Successful Candidate will be/possess:
- Professional Engineer with 10+ years of Oil & Gas experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Reserves Evaluation experience
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated team player with good communication, organizational and technical skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills, with a track record of successfully managing and executing multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with ValNav, Accumap, WellView
- Creative individual with a desire to continuously learn and develop their own skills, as well as build up the organizational capacity of more junior team members
E&I Technician Onshore Alkmaar, Netherlands
Human Resources Manager (only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands