Pipeline Engineering Summer Student
TAQA has a vacancy for a Pipeline Engineering summer student to join the team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 weeks
Why work for TAQA?
TAQA is committed to helping its employees and contractors work more flexibly to suit both their own and the Company's needs.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
TAQA offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors at TAQA have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
TAQA is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
The successful student will gain the following:
- Working within the Integrity and Assurance team based in Aberdeen and supported by experienced colleagues, the placement student will have the opportunity to acquire considerable industry knowledge in Pipeline Integrity Management through working closely with others.
- Knowledge and experience of different operators technical specifications and standards.
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts.
- The student can also support the engineers with other activities which will expand their knowledge and experience of the Oil and Gas industry.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Support the management of flexible riser annulus testing scopes
- Creating / compiling pipeline drawing packs
- Develop a pipeline specific Asset Integrity Management database forecasting / look ahead reports.
- Involvement in managing the Riser Emergency Shut Down Valve (RESDV) / Subsea Isolation Valve (SSIV) test schedules via inspection metric sheets
- Develop scope of work for subsea pipeline inspections
- Good communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
- Evidence of creative thinking
- Currently undertaking a Mechanical or Engineering Degree or relevant Scientific Degree
- Higher subjects to include English and Maths
This position will be based at TAQA House, Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8PU.
Job GradeN/a (contractor)
(sr.) Commercial Operator & Analyst (Only candidates with a valid working permit for The Netherlands will be considered) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Accountant GSB Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Only candidates with a valid working permit for the Netherlands) Alkmaar, Netherlands