Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
The Commercial Advisor is part of the wider Commercial team, accountable for delivery of the commercial and business development aspects of TAQA’s activities in the Netherlands.
Incumbent’s primary focus will be to support the management of TAQA’s upstream portfolio of participations/equity holdings in Joint Ventures operated for TAQA by other operators (i.e. “partner operated”).
Furthermore, being part of a small commercial team, contributions will be asked in support of execution of other upstream commercial and business development activities as well as for midstream (gas storage) projects or activities in support of the Energy Transition (e.g. CCUS, Hydrogen/electrification).
- Managing the day-to day business and communication with relevant counterparts within the operator’s organisations.
- Liaising with technical, operations and legal staff to ensure discipline specific input and expert review is provided in the context of approval of operator proposals and the assessment of proposed work programmes and budgets and monitoring thereof once approved.
- Working with JV partners to ensure that the operators adhere to the stipulations of the various JV Agreements, the JV interests are secured and instigate and collect input for legal and financial audits and/or disputes.
- Seeking support from other commercial advisors for management of hydrocarbons sales, third- and inter-party agreements within the portfolio.
- Representing TAQA at operational, technical and economic review meetings.
- MSc level qualification in engineering, business, economics or comparable
- 4-8 years of working experience in the oil/gas industry in subsurface, technical, commercial or operational role.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills to maintain existing and develop new, relations with a wide range of external and internal contacts.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Dutch preferred.
- Financial/commercial awareness, technical appreciation an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of economic evaluations
- Living in the Netherlands
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands