Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
In the role as Sales and Business Developer you will focus on maximizing the revenues of TAQA’s underground gas storages and you are the primary commercial contact for our largest customers (utilities, trading houses, banks, upstream companies et al). Besides this, you are continuously looking for new opportunities that are possible within the contractual, technical and subsurface operating envelope to generate additional value.
Part of this also exceeds the standard gas storage business, as you will also be involved in further developing the land adjacent to our gas storage site in Alkmaar. This is swiftly becoming one of the key renewable energy hubs in the Netherlands, primarily focused on biomass gasification and green gas production. Furthermore, being a small commercial team, ad hoc contribution to varied, large infrastructure / investment, projects is required (e.g., CCUS, electrification).
- Maximize revenues from selling available storage capacity
- Primary contact for our gas storage customers
- Co-develop gas storage sales strategy
- New gas storage product development
- Evaluate new business development opportunities and/or projects
- Contract development and negotiations
- MSc level qualification in economics, business, engineering or comparable
- 4 - 8 years working experience within the energy industry in a commercial, trading, analytical or operational role
- Experience with gas storage and / or gas trading is highly desirable
- Outstanding social skills; comfortable in speaking to high profile counterparts
- Commercial mind set
- Excellent numerical skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Dutch or and/or other languages preferred
- Self starter
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under tight schedule on multiple activities in parallel
- Flexibility required regarding roles and responsibilities
- Occasional travel required (Europe)
- Living in the Netherlands
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands