Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
To support the continuous improvement of TAQA lifecycle integrity and assurance of acceptable technical safety risk.
- Act as Technical Authority (TA) Technical Safety;
- Provide technical safety support to the Operations Team in the management and resolution
- of key integrity and operational issues impacting technical safety;
- Act as Element Owner of elements:
6 - Hazard ID and Risk assessment;
14 - Emergency Preparedness;
16 - Management of Safety Critical Devices.
of the TAQA Management System (TMS) and assure the responsibilities as element owner is executed and met according the TMS Governance Standard;
- Support the organisation by following up on specific internal findings with relevant stakeholders and preparing performance standard and Safety Case amendments where required, all to manage risks ALARP;
- Support the organisation by ensuring overall regulatory compliance for Safety Cases;
- Provide project support by inputting to QRA’s, SIL, HAZOP’s, HAZIDs, and Advanced Safety Reviews etc. as directed;
- Management of 3rd party consultancy support contracts and studies;
- Demonstrate personal leadership and help ensure that HSSE performance throughout the onshore and offshore teams is to a high standard;
- Actively participate in incident investigations and assist the team in determining the root cause;
- Manages the implementation and operation of the Process Safety KPI dashboard, promotes the review of the dashboard amongst relevant teams and encourages actions to improve.
- Support Operations in the supervisory responsibility to ensure that all work activities are executed in accordance with TAQA procedures;
- Support aspects of regulatory inspections;
- Carry out safety studies and producing technical reports;
- Act as Emergency Response coordinator;
- Raises awareness of Safety Management amongst the Leadership, Operations and Projects teams and empowers everyone to make a difference through their own actions.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in relevant engineering discipline;
- 5 years relevant experience in (process) safety related positions;
- Auditor qualification;
- Icident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis specialist.
- In Experience of safety provisions in an Operations environment;
- Thorough understanding of key (Dutch) legislation and regulatory framework;
- Sound knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to development and management of lifecycle asset integrity assurance programmes;
- Sound knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and management of change processes and tools;
- Fluent use of English and Dutch, both written and spoken language
- Advanced Safety Degree (NEBOSCH or HVK);
- (Lead) Auditor qualification;
- Kelvin TOPSET and/or COMET investigator.
- Experience of the management of vendor services contracts;
- Wide knowledge of industry – subsea, process engineering, maintenance, engineering & construction.
- Proactively shares best practices and knowledge;
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strategic thinker;
- Proven ability to develop highly effective working relationships
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands