Project Engineer (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
The post holder will be assigned as project engineer for the onshore/offshore production facilities of TAQA Netherlands. The role is based out of the TAQA Alkmaar office. The role is responsible for the execution of small (€50K) to large (€5M) projects from the Appraise to Execute stage, including supervision of field activities. This is a hands-on role, and the post holder is required to deliver project objectives themselves, rather than simply coordinate other resources.
- Execute projects in compliance with the TAQA Projects Process:
Specify scope in conjunction with the Engineering team
Develop cost estimates
Specify project schedules
Identify and engage stakeholders
Create project execution plans
Manage project risk
Organise project studies such as FEED, HAZOP and HAZID
Purchase materials and services in compliance with TAQA’s procurement policies
Develop construction work packs and commissioning plans
Supervise field activities
Ensure projects are closed out correctly
- Deliver projects to agreed scope, budget and schedule
- Provide internal reporting of project progress.
- Appraise potential modifications, and conduct improvement studies
- Be the focal point between TAQA and contractors, including oversight of timesheets and management of variations.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
- Take personal responsibility for field safety and ensure all works comply with HSE requirements, including TAQA’s 12 Safety Rules, Permit to Work and SimOps
- Follow procedures, standards and instructions in the TAQA Management System
- Adhere to measures indicated in the specific risk analysis such as a TRA and LMRA
- Participate in safety, kick off and toolbox meetings
- Support incident investigation and RCA
- Report deviations, incidents and dangerous situations immediately to the team leader or HSSE representative
- Role requires occasional travel to offshore installations
- Recognized MTS degree in engineering discipline
- Project Management experience and training
- Communicate fluently in English and Dutch
- Demonstrate Oil and Gas operational knowledge (with more than 5 years specific industry experience)
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills
- Take accountability for project delivery and lead pro-actively
- Solve challenges flexibly as they emerge
- Work to budgets and deadlines
- IPMA D or above, or equivalent
- Valid Offshore Medical and Survival Certificate Essential
- Experience of offshore brownfield projects and modifications
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands