E/I Technician Operator (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
The E&l Technician/Operator acts as responsible person for the electrical installation of the storage and Bergen consession organization.
The production facilities in the Bergen Concession is equipped to produce natural gas and condensate from the various field locations through pipelines into a gas drying plant BDF at Alkmaar.
The PGI installation is equipped for the production and injection of natural gas. The well site is located close to the PGI plant.
The GSB installation is equipped for the production and injection of natural gas. The BM well site is directly linked to the main installation via two 8 km pipelines.
The Onshore well clusters and plants are situated in environmental, rural and recreational areas with communities highly sensitive to pollution and damage to landscape.
The Onshore Shift Operator performs all operational tasks, in the field and Central Control room, in the safe operation of onshore production and storage facilities.
The Onshore Shift Operator keeps records and reports malfunctions of equipment, performs routine maintenance & site inspections, releasing the work permits at the job site (including a LMRA), performs a job site inspection after completion of work, carry out Condensate & Produced Water shipments and perform panel duties in the Central Control Room.
The Onshore Shift Operator report to the Shift Team Lead.
A high level of awareness of safety and environmental precautions is essential.
- Performs Operational tasks if and when required
- Acts as work responsible for the electrical installation
- ls responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance activities on power supply systems, electrical & instrumentation components and related PLC, SCADA and DSC systems
- Providing E&l maintenance support and applying various calibration and troubleshooting methods
- Marks up drawings after modifications and checks revised drawings
- Supports service contractors electrical and instrumental if required
- Deputize for the Control Room Operator or the Shift Team Leader
- Keep knowledge and personal certifications up to date
- Act as the site’s eyes and ears for the site responsible person
- Daily reporting of all electrical and instrumental work order results in Maximo (failures, technical findings, asset status, material consumptions, etc.)
- Updates the Operational logbook with all relevant information.
- Comply with TAQA's general safety rules, safety rules regarding his professional trade and the rules as per work procedurs
- Ensures that all work complies with HSSE policy, procedures and guidelines
- Make sure that work permit instructions are fully respected
- Reports all accidents / incidents / near misses and potential hazards immediately
- Supports the Shift Team Leader during incidents or Emergency Response situations
- Medium level technical education (MTS-E or equivalent)
- ATEX certified
- NEN-3140 Qualified person
- Three years’ experience in E&I maintenance in the process industry (preferably oil & gas)
- NEN-3140 Work responsible when required and appointed
- Demonstrable experience maintaining and troubleshooting
- Good analytical skills
- Self-starter and able to work both independently and as a good team player
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe systems of work, hazard awareness and mitigation
- Able to work under pressure
- Pro-active attitude
- Computer skills (Required): Word, ExcelHigh Voltage qualified person when required and appointed
- Dutch – Fluent
- English – Working Knowledge
- Living in the Netherlands
- Switch gear systems
- Transformers & Electric motors
- Metering & Control systems
- PLC’s & Safeguarding systems
- MAXIMO or similar
- Working in a 5-shift rotation
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands