Dayshift Operator Sr. (Living in the NL)
TAQA ranks as one of the largest energy and water companies in the world. Our purpose: “powering a thriving future by efficiently providing sustainable and reliable energy and water to unleash the unlimited potential of people and places”.
With over 30 nationalities across the global organisation, we are committed to promoting a corporate culture where everyone is valued and able to play their part in building our future success.
In the Netherlands, we focus on the on- and offshore production of oil and gas as well as the operation of two underground gas storage facilities. The latter are strategic assets in the provision of reliable gas in the Netherlands. Their importance will only increase in the coming years as the greater dependence on gas imports will mean domestic storage becomes key to maintaining security of supply.
The energy landscape in the Netherlands is changing, and TAQA is supporting the energy transition in two key ways: we are contributing to continuity of gas supply in the short-term as the transition agenda moves forward. We are also participating in large-scale sustainability developments such as hydrogen and green gas expertise center Investa and Porthos, a CO₂ capture and storage project.
You will be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organisation and give your personal development our full attention.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The production facilities in the Bergen Concession are equipped for the production of natural gas and condensate from the various field locations through pipelines into a gas drying plant BDF at Alkmaar.
The PGI installation is equipped for the production and injection of natural gas. The well site is located close to the PGI plant.
The GSB installation is equipped for the production and injection if natural gas. The BM well site is directly linked to the main installation via two 8 km pipelines.
The Onshore well clusters and plants are situated in environmental, rural and recreational areas with communities highly sensitive to pollution and damage to landscape.
The Onshore Day Operator performs all field operational tasks and assists the Production Team Lead in the safe operation of onshore production and storage facilities. He is not part of the shift and has no tasks behind the main Control panel in the Central Control Room.
The Onshore Day Operator completes operational PM’s, keeps records and reports malfunctions of equipment, performs routine maintenance & site inspections, releasing the work permits at the job site (including a LMRA), performs a job site inspection after completion of work and carry out Condensate & Produced Water shipments.
The Onshore Day Operator receives daily instructions from the Production Team Lead. A high level of awareness of safety and environmental precautions is essential.
- Entering all relevant data into the logbook and into the production data systems.
- To record safety issues through the OOG GO card system.
- Gathering all required information to fulfil his duties.
- Ensures all relevant operating or special instructions are communicated to the shift both verbally and by entries into the logbook
- Carrying out special duties as directed by his supervisor.
- Maintains and promotes a high level of awareness on safety and environment.
- Maintains and promotes a high standard of housekeeping.
- Works closely together with the Permit to Work Coordinator.
- Responsible for the safe release of installations for maintenance.
- Controls the application of the "Permit to Work" procedure Acting as ‘Verifier’ or ‘Releaser’ within the Work Permit system.
- Coaching other disciplines in the use of the Work Permit system.
- Ensures all safety precautions stated at the Work Permit and TRA are followed up.
- Reporting on well and plant performance.
- Identifying symptoms of problems or potential problems.
- Raising Maximo Work Order to solve problem and describe the symptoms.
- Support investigations of causes through data gathering and analysis.
- Report findings to supervisor and in Maximo.
- Root Cause Analysis and identification of solution.
- The reviewing of Work Instructions and after consultation with the Production Shift Team Lead.
- Perform inspection rounds in order to :Ensuring a safe operation and facilities by routine "on-site" inspections, Ensuring personnel and equipment safety by on-site inspections before, during and on completion of activities, Executing operational PMs and checklists and report all deviations to the Production Team Lead.
- Executing all minor necessary corrective maintenance or for larger CM’s raising a Work Order.
- Housekeeping (Clean up plant)
- Well Services work
- Well integrity – Christmas tree and Wellhead maintenance
- Assist onshore projects on a temporary basis
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- VMBO and additional technical education in mechanics, electronics or process technology.
- Main plant processes such as Gas and oil, Production water, Condensate, Drying trains and Metering Stations.
- People skills.
- Basic awareness Process Operator
- Dutch – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- The Onshore Operator will live in a maximum of 45 minutes driving time from the Central Control Room.
- The Onshore Operator possesses a valid driving license
Commercial Advisor (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Sales and Business Developer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands
Technical Safety Engineer (Living in the NL) Alkmaar, Netherlands